Register as soon as you are able, our event space is limited to ~100 seats and this event is sure to fill up fast. Members, please arrive promptly at noon to register and to participate in one of the SOC tours.
Erik Kamerling, CISSP – Senior Director of Cyber Security Technology, MS-ISAC
Dr. Peter Stephenson – Security researcher, author and SC Media, Technology Author
12:00pm – 1:00pm – Registration & SOC Tours
1:00pm – 1:05pm – Opening Remarks
1:05pm – 1:15pm – (LE) Industries Effected by Ransomware in this region (Law Enforcement)
1:15pm – 2:00pm – Erik Kammerling, CISSP (MS-ISAC)
- Introduction to the MS-ISAC
- Ransomware statistics and war stories captured from the field
- Lesser known delivery mechanisms for ransomware
2:00 pm – 5:00pm – Dr Stephenson’s presentation on the following:
A Comprehensive Overview of Ransomware:
- An overview and visit of ‘Dark Web” sites that malware is marketed in.
- A live ransomware infection demo in a “sandboxed lab” environment.
- Best practices in preparation for a potential ransomware infection.
- Best practices and tools for isolation and remediation after a ransomware infection.
5:00pm – 5:30 – SOC Tours
TOUR MS-ISAC SOC
InfraGard members will have the ability to tour the MS-ISAC’s Security Operations Center. This 24×7 cybersecurity operations center provides real-time network monitoring, early cyber threat warnings and advisories, vulnerability identification, and mitigation and incident response to the nation’s state, local, tribal and territorial (SLTT) governments.
Members will also have a chance to pickup their new membership cards.
Light refreshments will be provided and we hope to see you there!